Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

My Life Since Last Summer..

I cannot believe it's been this long since I posted on here! I've been trying to take a break from the internet, just because it's so addicting. I'm sure many of you can relate. ;)

Anyway, let me just say that it's been a great year. It was my first time back in public school since 4th grade, and it went really well. One of the best parts was getting to help lead a See You At The Pole!! We had around 167 students show up, and it was just a great time of prayer. God had it all worked out. I'll be a high school freshman this school year, but I'd love to be a part of leading another SYATP.

Another thing that I loved about 8th grade was choir. It was so much fun, and I made many new friends. I loved being able to grow musically, and I finally got up the courage to sing in front of people! A few months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of doing that! :D

I have many good memories from this year, but there were some struggles. It was harder than I thought to stay focused on God, and towards the end of the February, I'll admit that I didn't do a good job doing that. I started thinking more about guys and other things. As a result, I slowly stopped having reading my Bible as much as I had been before. When it came to witnessing, I wasn't that inspired. I still wanted to do it, but I guess I just became discouraged. 

The week after school ended, and our church held a D-Now. The speaker was talking about how we need to be completely sold out to God, and how we need to identify stuff in our life that sometimes hold us back from Him. I came up withe a bunch of things: Technology, guys, arguing with siblings, excuses, laziness, and complaining. These have all not been helping me to bring God glory. Once I pinpointed those things, it became a little easier to slowly get rid of them, or to stop thinking about them all the time. 

That brings me to mention something else: Once you start saying no to some things, you have to start saying yes to other things. Christians should be known for what they do, not what they don't do. We need to be 100% sold out to God! You are either hot or cold, but don't be lukewarm. The Lord COMMANDS us to live a holy life, and he commands us to share the gospel. I started to think about this question: What am I doing to glorify God? What am I really doing to glorify God? See, once you start saying yes to God, He will use as his instrument. But one thing to remember is to stay alert! Always be focused on God, and don't let Satan distract you. 

After D-Now, I think I was re-inspired to get back into the Word and to work on whatever was hindering me from the Lord. My Mom also gave me a great book, I Would Die For You, about a 15-year old guy named BJ Higgins who was very involved in missions. He went on two very intense mission trips to Peru, and was always looking for every opportunity to share Christ with someone. Even back at home, BJ was on fire for God. He mentioned to a few people that he felt like God was calling him to be martyr. Unfortunately, in 2005 BJ caught a serious illness in Peru. He died shortly after, but his death has not been in vain! His story has inspired millions. MercyMe wrote a song in honor of him, which like the book, is also called I Would Die For You. If any of you are interested in reading the book, I highly recommend it! It will really challenge and encourage you! It was written by BJ's parents, Brent and Deanna Higgins. 


Well, I guess that's about all I've got to say. I'm going to Super Summer in less than two weeks, which is a really cool Christian camp. Please be in prayer for that. It is very intense, but last year I learned so much about God. The worship service is AMAZING. It's like you can sense God's presence. There are no words to describe it! Seriously, you all need to come to that camp next Summer!

I will be trying to post regularly again, so stay tuned. :)
- Michal





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
Just be sure to keep your language clean and pleasing to God. :)