Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Life Songs

1. No Matter What by Kerrie Roberts. This song really encouraged me while I was in the hospital last year. There were days when I just wanted to give up, and sometimes this song was really the only thing that kept me going. I guess I just had to learn to say," God, I don't know why this is happening to me, but you are still in control. If I ever get out of here or not, I'm just going to trust that you know what you're doing."

2. Lion by Rebecca St. James. I first memorized the lyrics when I was seven years old. Since then, I haven't stopped singing it. It's so beautiful and inspiring to listening to. I like the part where it says, "I'm scared and I'm not sure that you are safe, but you're eyes seem to say that you are good." That describes Aslan perfectly!

What are your life songs and why? I can probably think of a lot of other songs I like, but these two really speak to me. :)

We Are Never Alone,
Bookworm

P.S. I watched The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe commentary to-day! It was really cool to see what the actors were feeling as they shot the scenes. Now Skander Keynes/Edmund is officially my favorite Pevensie kid!

2 comments:

  1. Haha Skandar has always been my favorite!
    I had to tell you - I opened up my Clubhouse magazine today and imagine what I saw - an article written by you!! I was so proud. I came into the kitchen screaming to my mom, "I "know" her!!"
    --Love MCat
    {glitteringcompositions.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that commentary oh so MANY times it's nuts!! It like I can almost mimic what they're saying. It's so cute how they sometimes cut into each other's comments like a regular brother and sister, and it's cool how you listen the the first commentary, then the second and see how beautiful Peter's voice has gotten *swoons* Okay, I need to stop!
    I love your song choices, great post :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
Just be sure to keep your language clean and pleasing to God. :)